"Libra: pennyroyal, violet, thyme, feverfew, catmint, silverweed, archangel, bearberry, burdock."
- Running Press Glossary of Astrology Terms, 1977, page 44
“Libra. The seventh sign of the zodiac, and the cardinal air sign. Its symbol is the scales, signifying the sense of balance and justice which the Libra strives for. Its ruler is Venus, the planet of love, harmony, aesthetics, social exchange, music and art. The sign focuses on social consciousness and relationships with other people, as well as the appreciation of beauty, harmony, and the arts. Those born with an emphasis of Libra experience a need to relate, and to perfect relationships with others.
In the human anatomy Libra corresponds with the liver and kidneys. The Sun is in Libra from approximately September 23rd through October 22nd.”
- Running Press Glossary of Astrology Terms, 1977, page 49
* Celtic name: Duir (pronounced: dur). Duir means ‘door’ - ‘D’
* Folk or Common names: Oak, The King of the Grove, Quercus, Forest King
* Latin name: White Oak - quercus alba; Red Oak - quercus rubra; Black Oak - quercus velutina; etc.
* Parts Used: acorn, leaf, bark, wood.
* Herbal usage: Oaks are known for astringent tonics and therefore tea made from Oak is a good remedy for hemorrhoids . White Oak bark tea helps in sinus infections since it helps unglog congestion. Acorns can be peeled and used to make various homeopathic potions used to treat alcoholism, bad breath and constipation.
* Associations & Magickal history: The Oak is the 7th Moon of the Celtic Year - (June 10 - July 7).